Written by Barney Buckley
Email Address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title: Mothra versus Godzilla 1964
- Actors and Actresses: Akira Takarada, Yuriko Hoshi, Hiroshi Koizumi, Emi Ito. Yumi Ito
- Directed by: Ishiro Honda
- Writing credits Shinichi Sekizawa
- Produced by Tomoyuki Tanaka, Sanezumi Fujimoto
- Music by Akira Ifukube
- Stock Music by Hiroshi Miyagawa
- Cinematography by Hajime Koizumi
- Film Editing by Ryohei Fujii
- Production Design by Takeo Kita, Akira Watanabe
- Assistant Director Koji Kajita
- Director of Special Effects Eiji Tsuburaya
- Assistant Director of Special Effects Teruyoshi Nakano
- Japanese Release Date: April 29th, 1964 with a run time of 88 minutes
- US Release Date: AIP 1964 with a runtime of 88 minutes
- Alternative Names: Godzilla Versus the Thing, Godzilla Versus Mothra
- Taglines: Nothing like This Ever on the Screen!
Mothra’s egg seems to wash off the island and end up on the shore of Japan where a businessman decides to take the egg and try to make some money off of it however Godzilla shows up goes after the egg and Mothra comes and tries to protect her babies only to die in the process and the egg hatches releasing to learn a twins and they chase Godzilla to an island spray them with their web and he falls over into the ocean the end.
What I Liked About The Movie
this movie is perhaps classic in its own way because there were some flaws in this movie and it introduced the larva for the 1st time this movie was good because it had some great battle scenes and some great fight scenes with Mothra. This is a very good movie for classic.
Some points about this movie is the fact that Godzilla’s mouth was not constructed properly so it shackled back and forth loosely however in the next movie they use the same suit and fix that problem. Things I found interesting and obvious to the negative points in the fight scenes with Mothra you can see they used a puppet for Godzilla this is not the worst thing I’ve seen but at the same time it was cool to see something different.
The positive points about the movie are the fight scenes and the way Mothra looked it was a very nice design for back then however she does change through this series and she looks more like a puppet that anything even though this one does in its own way I think this was the best design until 2001 when they came out with the movie Godzilla Mothra King Ghidorah: All Monsters Attack. This design is the best so far in my humble opinion.
The movie is worth watching and if you’re a Godzilla fan anyway you want to deftly at this one to your collection the storyline in this movie is pretty much typical for its time we have people stealing the egg and using a for profit and the twins say please return the egg and a big monster fight ensues towards the end Godzilla loses and Mothra loses because he dies in the movie and the twin larva swim off to the island. It is a very good movie definitely not too cheesy as compared to a lot of them that I have seen.